Monday, August 22, 2011

Goon Squad Up Next









The next read is A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan, it apparently has won the Pulitzer Prize. Let's see if the Pulitzer folks know how to critique like us. No book is safe from the thumb poll.























There are 2 cover designs. I think I'm in love with the simple blue hardcover version. Cover design is important, especially when it's the last thing I see before I turn out the light each night. The paperback version seems a bit flashy and says: check out all the cool awards I've been given! It's always important to judge a book by its cover.

1 comment:

  1. However, it's also important to judge a book by its price. :) Needless to say, I ended up with the flashy look-at-my-awards version. But I do like the blue one more.

    ReplyDelete