Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mint Brownies in the White City (per request)

+

=

Mint Brownies in the White City!

One box of preferably Ghirardelli Brownie mix (or two boxes if you want to make a 9x13 pan, one just makes an 8x8).

  • At book club I used Ghirardelli "dark chocolate" brownie mix, but I think that was the first and last time I've ever seen that exact one. So just the regular mix will do, or really any brownie mix that you like

1/4 - 1/2 bag of Andes mint baking chips*

  • These can also be hard to find...I suppose you could also buy a box of Andes mints and chop them up if you can't find the pre-chopped baking chips.
  • I used a HALF bag of chips for TWO boxes of brownie mix, and it was the perfect ratio (especially b/c the Ghirardelli mix already has chocolate chips in it), so figure out your preffered ratio accordingly.
  • *I suppose if you're, say, a peanut butter or butterscotch fan, you could use those flavors of chips as well. OR you could just put a teaspoon (or less?) of peppermint extract in the mix with NO chips! There's so many options.

Mix up the batter as prescribed on the box, and stir in the mint chips. Bake. Serve. Done.

1 comment: